Cigarette Lighter Rx330 Stopped Working

lexluthor5

I have a 2004 Lexus RX330 and the cigarette lighter stopped working.

Up until recently, when something was plugged in there, it had to be jiggled around a little to get it to work. The other day it stopped working entirely.

Any suggestions on things I can check myself before I have to take it into a shop?

I have a 2004 Lexus RX330 and the cigarette lighter stopped working.

Up until recently, when something was plugged in there, it had to be jiggled around a little to get it to work. The other day it stopped working entirely.

Any suggestions on things I can check myself before I have to take it into a shop?

I had the same experience when i was using the aftermarket product that goes into the cigarette lighter.

Usually the aftermarket ones arent quite made well so it blows up the fuse for the cigarette lighter.

I took mine to lexus and they replaced it for me for free and they should do the same for you or charge you like a buck or two depends how much they want to rip off their customers :D

It would be one or more of the following three fuses and locations:

- Fuse 14 (20 amp), located in the fuse box in the engine compartment.

- Fuse 63 (15 amp), located in the fuse box in the drivers side instrument panel.

- Fuse 64 (15 amp), located in the fuse box in the drivers side instrument panel.

If you have a 2004 RX330, further information (including fuse box diagrams with specific fuse locations) can be found in your Owners Manual on page 585 and pages 594 to 597.