Does 07-09 Rx Have Parking Sensors?

My mum is looking at 07-09 lexus rx but she absolutely wants parking sensors front and back. After scrolling some of the listings on the net, I can't see the sensors in the pictures even though some advertisement list parking sensor as features. Is the parking sensor a upgrade option for the 07-09 rx?

My mum is looking at 07-09 lexus rx but she absolutely wants parking sensors front and back. After scrolling some of the listings on the net, I can't see the sensors in the pictures even though some advertisement list parking sensor as features. Is the parking sensor a upgrade option for the 07-09 rx?

I don't believe they are (but I may be wrong) - my 2009 came without, and the only similar option mentioned to me seemed to be to get 'navigation' with the rear camera. However I have found a neat product which I ordered (and received) but not installed yet: a metallic strip that 'sticks' inside the bumper (front or rear) and senses changes in electro-magnetic field.... I hope it will work fine.....

Here is its Website:

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/Parking_...Parking_Sensor/

If you Google "Parking Sensors" you will get lots of choices.

thank you all. I find it amazing how car companies fail to implement such simple tools in their products these days. Maybe because there has never been any monumental breakthrough in automotive car technology in the past decade and car manufacturers implement technology in newer car models very slowly to entice buyers.

thank you all. I find it amazing how car companies fail to implement such simple tools in their products these days. Maybe because there has never been any monumental breakthrough in automotive car technology in the past decade and car manufacturers implement technology in newer car models very slowly to entice buyers.

Actually, I believe it was available in earlier RXs, but got 'obsoleted' by the rear camera. Of course, many cars have them and aftermarket similar products are available and installation is not very expensive.

No, the RX has never had parking sensors. I assume the new 2010 has them but I haven't looked.

The ES350 has the backup camera and parking sensors.

The 07-09 is a 5 year old body style, the new one has more features.