New Tires Degrade Ride Quality

fastfinger

:chairshot:censored : I bought a 2002 Lexus SC430 with 95K miles and in good shape . . it had run flats that were bald on the rear and newish on the front - so I sold those and bought 4 KUMHO Ecsta LX Platinums - all season tires with 60,000 wear guarantee - on the recommendation of my mechanic. Needless to say the ride is softer but now bouncier and road imperfections that I never experience even in my wife's Mini Cooper are starting to give the car a shutter. Especially at interstate speeds, these road imperfections or pavement changes can be most disconcerting. I had the front end checked, tires rebalanced and alignment done - all that we can come up with is the tires have changed the car so drastically that I now prefer my 1996 BMW convertible's ride to that of this lexus. H E L P -- send all suggestions to quickclick@gmail.com they will be read and appreciated

I don't think it's necessarily the cost of the tires. I put Continental Conti Contact Extreme tires on my 2003. They are a high performance all season tire. The price was good. I paid about $700, including installation for all 4 tires. You can spend a lot more. But these tires are very smooth and quiet. They are far better than the runflats I had. Not sure why you're experiencing a rough ride with the Kumho's. It could be that you're just not used to how the SC430 rides. Or it could be that those particular tires don't work well with the SC. Good Luck.