Passenger Mirror Replacement For 2004 Rx330

808casher

I'm wondering if someone could help me out with replacing the passenger side mirror of my 2004 RX330.

I'm just looking to replace the mirror itself only and not the entire mirror and housing.

I purchased a Burco Redi Cut mirror (http://bcm.pmhclients.com/products/redi_cuts/

and would like to know how to remove the original mirror and install the replacement.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm wondering if someone could help me out with replacing the passenger side mirror of my 2004 RX330.

I'm just looking to replace the mirror itself only and not the entire mirror and housing.

I purchased a Burco Redi Cut mirror (http://bcm.pmhclients.com/products/redi_cuts/

and would like to know how to remove the original mirror and install the replacement.

Thanks!

All of the glasses that I have ever replaced snapped in, but I have never replaced an RX mirror glass. If you tilt the glass all the way down, you should be able to look in past the edge and see what the attachment is like. popping the old glass out is the easy part. Put a rag on the edge of the mirror to keep from chipping the paint and pry with a large flat screw driver or pry bar. It should pop out, but go easy. If it is held in like most are, the next part is a little harder. Lube the parts that snap together with a small amount of white grease. With the mirror still tipped out, make sure the parts are lined up to snap into place. With a small amount of pressure on the center of the glass, tilt the mirror so that it is parallel with the mirror flange (neutral) Use a folded up rag on the center of the mirror for cushioning. Push straight in with the butt of you hand. If it is designed like most are, it will snap right in. Be careful though, it's easy to break. Good Luck!

Thanks!

All of the glasses that I have ever replaced snapped in, but I have never replaced an RX mirror glass. I you tilt the glass all the way down, you should be able to look in past the edge and see what the attachment is like. popping the old glass is the easy paty. Put a rag on the edge of the mirror to keep from chipping the paint and pry with a large flat screw driver or pry bar. It should pop out, but go easy. If it is held in like most are, the next part is a little harder. Lube the parts that snap together with a small amount of white grease. With the mirror still tipped out, make sure the parts are lined up to snap into place. With a small amount of pressure on the center of the glass, tilt the mirror so that it is parallel with the mirror flange (neutral) Use a folded up rag on the center of the mirror for cushioning. Push straight in with the butt of you hand. If it is designed like most are, it will snap right in. Be careful though, it's easy to break. Good Luck!

I believe the mirror is heated. There should be more to it than just snapping it out... disconnecting heater wires?

Thanks!

All of the glasses that I have ever replaced snapped in, but I have never replaced an RX mirror glass. I you tilt the glass all the way down, you should be able to look in past the edge and see what the attachment is like. popping the old glass is the easy paty. Put a rag on the edge of the mirror to keep from chipping the paint and pry with a large flat screw driver or pry bar. It should pop out, but go easy. If it is held in like most are, the next part is a little harder. Lube the parts that snap together with a small amount of white grease. With the mirror still tipped out, make sure the parts are lined up to snap into place. With a small amount of pressure on the center of the glass, tilt the mirror so that it is parallel with the mirror flange (neutral) Use a folded up rag on the center of the mirror for cushioning. Push straight in with the butt of you hand. If it is designed like most are, it will snap right in. Be careful though, it's easy to break. Good Luck!

I believe the mirror is heated. There should be more to it than just snapping it out... disconnecting heater wires?

True pauljcl- But if it is heated, you would still remove the glass 1st and then disconnect the wires. Obviously you would replace the wires (probably plug) before you installed the new glass. :)

Thanks!

True pauljcl- But if it is heated, you would still remove the glass 1st and then disconnect the wires. Obviously you would replace the wires (probably plug) before you installed the new glass. :)

I believe it's actually an electro-chromic (auto-dimming) type mirror, not sure if it's heated. But I was told that the Burco replacement mirror should just fit-over the existing mirror and not actually replace it. The Burco website also states the same thing so I think I should just glue the mirror over the existing one.