Interior Light Problem

RX300 Topeka

I purchased a 2002 RX300 from CarMax. The dashboard over the steering column is very well lit, however, other buttons and knobs are not. Is anything supposed to be lit on the doors or the cruise control lever or the center console? The screen has a nice display, but the buttons are hard to find at night. I searched the internet to find a photo of the display panel etc in the night mode to no avail. Hopefully, someone from this forum can tell me what to expect.

none that I have noticed. I agree that something as simple as the volume control knob should be lit, but I guess it's the kind of thing that you'll get used to after driving for awhile (you'll probably be able to find them with your eyes closed then).

I purchased a 2002 RX300 from CarMax. The dashboard over the steering column is very well lit, however, other buttons and knobs are not. Is anything supposed to be lit on the doors or the cruise control lever or the center console? The screen has a nice display, but the buttons are hard to find at night. I searched the internet to find a photo of the display panel etc in the night mode to no avail. Hopefully, someone from this forum can tell me what to expect.

There are 'indicators' (small lit 'slits') on many buttons, inc. window switches etc... They are not always noticeable as they are not very bright, even at full (max) setting of dashboard lights, unless in a really dark environment. On my RX300, the passenger side window light was 'out' - seems it cannot be fixed by itself, is part of the switch, and you need to buy a new switchplate with switches etc... - so we let it go. You should go to a Lexus dealer and see whether they have a used Lexus RX300, and check the inside lights to know what is/is not illuminated, and then you can compare with your new purchase. Good luck!