Missing Antenna

My son has found a 1995 ES300 that has an aftermarket radio (Dual XD6210 I think) and apparently someone has removed the power antenna from the car. He was wanting to install a "std" antenna (no power). He tried to simply attach the old antenna wire to the new antenna but there is no power to the radio. He was told the radio worked before removing the power antenna. I've checked all fuses and they are all good.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model showing the radio wiring.

Thanks!

I don't have a wiring diagram, but I do have a 1995 ES300, and I went through the same thing with the rear antenna. What's happening is there is a connection in the antenna that is used with the factory hands-free system and it's used to cut off the speaker sound when activated. Taking out the antenna causes all the speakers to cut out. I tried to track down which wire was the culprit with a multi-meter, but I just couldn't figure it out (don't know if it's strictly a connection issue, or a positive on, or a negative on). So, I just left in the old antenna housing and put in an empty mast. It sits in the down position all the time, but we get pretty good reception (although we live in the city).

bbunn1,

I'm not certain that you'll find your answer here, but if you go to the online site called installdr.com (the install doctor) and input the info for your model and year, they'll give you the info for all of your audio wiring. There'll be pin locations and numbers for the wiring connectors as well as the colour schemes and locations of all audio wires. Hope this is of some help! Good Luck!

When you say the radio has now power, is there no display, or does it come on but not have any sound? As for the wiring diagram, check the pinned post at the top of the forum, download the fsm for the es and look at how the antenna is wired, the control for the hands free is a relay that shuts off the right side door speaker only, the rest of the speakers should continue to work....the antenna should not effect the power to the radio at all.... in fact the antenna gets its power from the radio ckt. Hope this helps...

capn