No Disc Detected On Screen

jimjoan

Navigator system had been working great. Dealer updated the disc in June '07.

Now, the screen reads " No disc detected "

Need repair suggestion

Most likely your electric mini motor driving the laser head is shut. I repaired mine last week. Hard to get the motor from anybody in the world (even used one), tedious and precision work to repair. I heard the dealers want $2,000.00 for new unit, some want $1,200-$1,400 (probably for refurbished or used one). I could fix it for ($35.00 x 8 hrs = $280.00) plus shipping if I get the motor, or you can try it by yourself. There is a audio/video repair shop on east coast that can do it for $385.00. It has a web site: www.videoservicestop.com

Navigator system had been working great. Dealer updated the disc in June '07.

Now, the screen reads " No disc detected "

Need repair suggestion

Let me guess you have 2001 or older model? This is a common problem. You're better off getting one online or at a junk yard for $500.

My daughter's 01 RX-300 has the same "No disc detected" reading. I looked in the trunk and noticed water has collected in the spare tire recess. Also below and behind the nav unit there is about 2 inches of water in the recess. I'm assuming water has ruined the unit. Any suggestions on how the water is getting in?