Oil Sludge In 2002 Rx300

onstottb

I have been changing my own oil since I purchased this vehicle a couple of years ago without any issues. Just recently, I noticed white smoke coming out of the exhaust when starting in the morning. I have been looking at several postings here and am afraid that I am another victim of the sludge problem. Only problem is that I don't have the actual receipts for the oil changes that I did for the past two years. I kept records of the times, but mostly paid cash for the oil and filters. Am I hosed or is there any possibility of getting Toyota to pay for this?

You can call Toyota central and get your name in there register. The issue you raised is mine and I didn't get a warm feeling about my chances. I've other denied for the same. No receipts.

Further, I think the window for a claim was about 2 years ago. Somwhere online is a copy of the actual settlement.

Regards, PK

You could try AUTO RX also, if your car is not under the 8 year 120day warranty.... The Auto RX may loosen stuff up but follow the instructions carefully. Folks on the CL site have used it with great results....