Steering Response

My new 2009 IS350 is a great ride but the steering is driving me nuts... On winding roads and long sweeping turns the steering system seems at first not to react to small adjustments, then "over-react", giving a bit too much boost. Almost feels like an electric steering system waiting for a signal from the steering wheel, then getting the signal and moving the wheels too slowly. Can also feel a bit like tires are following ruts in the road.

Anyone else have this issue?

My new 2009 IS350 is a great ride but the steering is driving me nuts... On winding roads and long sweeping turns the steering system seems at first not to react to small adjustments, then "over-react", giving a bit too much boost. Almost feels like an electric steering system waiting for a signal from the steering wheel, then getting the signal and moving the wheels too slowly. Can also feel a bit like tires are following ruts in the road.

Anyone else have this issue?

This has been my complaint from my 07 IS250 since the day I got it.... almost reeady to get rid of it! It's a "chore" to drive it and keep it on the road. I'm a "thumb" driver - keeping a light finger on the wheel when i'm driving highway, but this car veers from side to side as the road slopes slightly in one direction or another. I've never had a car like it. I'm wondering if it's because it's so low and hugs the road. Anyway, not my idea of a "fun" drive!