Need More Interior Room Than Gx..anyone Gone To A Sequoia?

jdlynch

We love our blizzard pearl GX, but, the cabin just seems too small for my family on long trips which we take frequently. Also, my wife complains about lack of storage and "cubbies".

I am looking at used Sequoia Limited 4WD's, in the 2006 to 2007 year range. I would much prefer the newer re-designed Sequoia but the price is a bit much to handle.

Has anyone traded in their GX for more room? If so, what did you get? I like the used Sequoia, but, the interior just seems so bland and unexciting. I am also considering (against my better judgement) a used 2007 or newer Tahoe because of the interior luxury and all the bells and whistles that our GX has gotten us used to like rain sensing wipers, voice activated GPS, bluetooth, etc.

I have looked at used Lexus LX's but they don't seem that much bigger than our GX. My wife also wants captains chairs in the middle row. Any comments from others that have made similar comparisons? Do you think the Tahoe's quality will be that inferior to the Sequoia? I feel like I'm choosing between either style/features or quality/reliability.

Any comments from others who have made similar comparisons?

I wanted to kick one of my brother-in-laws for recently exchanging his Toyota Sienna van for a similar year (2006?) Sequoia -- he said he needed the Sequoia to make it up his long steep winding driveway of his new house in central Iowa. Funny ... his four other 2WD vehicles don't have a problem with the driveway. I guess the Sienna wasn't "he-man" enough for him.

His Sienna was so nice, quite, roomy and comfortable -- it could easily hold his family of five and my wife and me. In comparison, the Sequoia rides like a "buck board", is much noisier, and seems far less spacious. I was stunned the first time I rode in it. I don't know if his Sequoia has a third row seat but if it does, we ain't going there. I rarely ride in SUV's so I am not in a position to judge how the Sequoia compares with other SUV's. Bro-in-law complained to me how the Sequoia got substantially worse gas mileage than the Sienna -- I wanted to give him a "dope slap".

If you must have 4WD and want a Toyota quality vehicle, consider a Sienna Limited 4WD with HID headlights, memory seats, voice navigation and Bluetooth: http://www.toyota-eshowroom.com/partner/To...toyota_nav.html

We drove a rented Toyota Sienna around rural southern Ontario for five days last summer on sort of a family history tour loaded with up to seven geezers and a significant amount of luggage stowed behind the third row seat. I was amazed at how well the Sienna handled and how it had plenty of power when loaded to the max. Most of the controls seemed just like my Lexus. I loved driving it. I want one.

• 3 weeks later...

We took a gx 470 for a test drive last weekend - then went across the street to the Toyota dealer and drove a Sequoia. The Toyota drove like a 3/4 ton truck whereas the lexus drove nicer than my Volvo S60.

I'm not even a Lexus owner yet, but I'm pretty sure you won't like the ride after owning a GX470

We love our blizzard pearl GX, but, the cabin just seems too small for my family on long trips which we take frequently. Also, my wife complains about lack of storage and "cubbies".

I am looking at used Sequoia Limited 4WD's, in the 2006 to 2007 year range. I would much prefer the newer re-designed Sequoia but the price is a bit much to handle.

Has anyone traded in their GX for more room? If so, what did you get? I like the used Sequoia, but, the interior just seems so bland and unexciting. I am also considering (against my better judgement) a used 2007 or newer Tahoe because of the interior luxury and all the bells and whistles that our GX has gotten us used to like rain sensing wipers, voice activated GPS, bluetooth, etc.

I have looked at used Lexus LX's but they don't seem that much bigger than our GX. My wife also wants captains chairs in the middle row. Any comments from others that have made similar comparisons? Do you think the Tahoe's quality will be that inferior to the Sequoia? I feel like I'm choosing between either style/features or quality/reliability.

Any comments from others who have made similar comparisons?

I have 2004 Sequoia Limited and 2004 GX470. The Sequoia does not have all the nice features as the GX470, however the ride is more stable and more roomy, especially the space for luggages even with the third row seat. When I go on the road trip, I always use the Sequoia, but around town I prefer the GX470 because of all the luxury.