Attempted Major Maintenance Work

w140amg

I'm in the process of going a major tune up on my 1995 LS400; however, my serpentine belt tensioner was frozen and would not release the belt. There was no motion on the tensioner bolt. So only thing I got done was...new spark plugs. I could not tackle the WP, timing belt, ignition coil, wires, dist. ca, rotors, etc.

I'll have to take the car to the shop. Bummer...I was hoping to save on $, but I'm going to dish out the $ and take it to my local reputable shop.

Anybody had a similar experience?

thanks

I'm in the process of going a major tune up on my 1995 LS400; however, my serpentine belt tensioner was frozen and would not release the belt. There was no motion on the tensioner bolt. So only thing I got done was...new spark plugs. I could not tackle the WP, timing belt, ignition coil, wires, dist. ca, rotors, etc.

I'll have to take the car to the shop. Bummer...I was hoping to save on $, but I'm going to dish out the $ and take it to my local reputable shop.

Anybody had a similar experience?

thanks

Try a breaker bar.....it is just spring loaded.....even if there is corrosion, it should move with enough force.

I was afraid that I might break the bolt. It moved about 5 mm, but no swing motion. Totally stuck. I ordered a new belt tensioner for about $200.