60k Service ?

I need to take my 06 for 60k service. Manual says to replace plugs one shop ( not a dealer) said to just check and clean . What is the opinion of everyone on this. Also do you take your car to independent shop or dealers for this kind of service. Difference is about $150 between dealer and independent shop.

Thanks

I had the same question since the manaul says the plugs are iridium. Iridium plugs should last to close to 90k.

My dealership has a service brochure that states the GS has platinum plugs and suggests replacement at 60k. I asked for clarification since one document says one thing and the manual says another. The lead mechanic for my service writer's team said the plugs are definately iridium and should not have to be replaced until 90k.

Now, my 02 ES had iridium plugs and I opted to replace them at 60k. They were pristine. I could have waited until 90k and I will wait until 90k on my GS.

steviej

PS, the dealership said they will look into why their brochure states contradictory information.