2003 Ls 430 Door Locks

ctuck

My front left and right door locks will not engage when I use the remote car key. I have to manually push each door lock in order for them to lock. I am not sure but I believe the actuator is damaged. Can this be easily replaced and how can I ensure that the actuator is actually the root cause of the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

• 3 weeks later...
My front left and right door locks will not engage when I use the remote car key. I have to manually push each door lock in order for them to lock. I am not sure but I believe the actuator is damaged. Can this be easily replaced and how can I ensure that the actuator is actually the root cause of the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

I have the same problem with my 2003 LS430. I was told I needed a new door lock motor and that the part is $575 (excluding labor). Have you found out anything on your problem?

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem with my 2003 LS430. I was told I needed a new door lock motor and that the part is $575 (excluding labor). Have you found out anything on your problem?

I'm new here and trying to keep this post alive. I have the same problem with my 2003 LS430. Any help?

I have the same problem with my 2002 LS430 driver side (left) door lock, it cannot be moved either using remote or inside lock/unlock button. I was also told I have to replace a part that is more than $500, so I just manually unlock and lock it by hand every time before and after driving. My 1992 LS400 has no issues with door locks and remote, I think.

I had a problem with my drivers door, on one of my 99's. took it apart to replace the "actuator motor" and noticed the contact points were "corroded" cleaned them up and they are still working today, one year later. the photo below is not my exact motor, but you can see the contact points and get an idea of what to look for.

post-5365-0-35057300-1325337744_thumb.jp