Maaaaaannnnnnnn...............

Took my car to Lexus in Westminster for service, and they did almost everything right except for the Engine Oil:

They overfilled it again. They really need to do quality checking. I used to ignore overfilled oil in my last car, but after seeing oil leaks caused by overfilling, I don't ignore it anymore.

The last time they filled my oil, it was overfilled by 100%

No leaks though, but probably parts are still solid and new in this car.

overfilled twice... thats just some rotten luck... i've never had anyone overfill any vehicle I've ever gotten an oil change for... How did you estimate that it was 100% overfilled?

I use Redline Synthetic ($9.00) per qt. Dealer in Central Calif managed to overfill the car. Coming back from dealer, smelled burning oil. It was

all in the plastic shield underneath the engine apparently. After two weeks, had to take it back to a second dealer, and they cleaned up the

car and told me they sent the bill to the original dealer. So, apparently it can happen. Lexus service is good, but I don't think they pay as

much attention to the older cars as they do to the new ones. (JMHO).

Anyway - it does happen.

My oil level was overfilled by a little bit from the factory. My guess is they did it in case some oil burns off in the break-in. You can see it in my DIY tutorial. My best suggestion is to do it yourself. Also, if you buy 5 quart jugs from Walmart the oil comes out a lot cheaper. I bought Mobil 1 Synthetic for like 26 bucks.($5/quart)