1997 Sc400 120k Service

gcal

I have a 1997 SC400 with about 120k miles. I got it in late 2000 with 59K miles on it. It has been taken care of by an Authorized Lexus Service shop here in Birmingham. I trust the shop completely and am very fortunate they are within a mile of my home. The only major repairs have been an alternator and starter replacement. All scheduled service was completed except I did not change the timing belt at 90K.

About 2 weeks ago the check engine light came on and the pulled code indicated an Oxygen Sensor failure. The car began running rough and gas milage increased dramatically. I will be 61 this month and have already decided that I will keep the car forever provided it does not get into any major accident.

I got the 120K completed this week, plus the timing belt, water pump, idler assemblies, dist caps, rotors, plug wires and new wipers. It cost me $2084. Replacing the Bank 1 O2 Sensor was $292.

The suspension checked out okay but I know that I need to start saving the money for that work and hope it does not occur for the next couple of years. Now if I can just find the time to paint those damn center caps.