2007 Lexus Is 250 Issues

RMS

Hello. I have a 2007 Lexus IS 250. I purchased it off the lot in December 2006. My vehicle has 28,000 miles.

I am having issues with my brakes. I notice a squeaking every time I brake. It's almost embarrassing to be driving a Lexus and hear squealing.

My dash rattles constantly and it reminds me of a car I once drove in college. It's extremely annoying.

Other than that I love my car. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Hello. I have a 2007 Lexus IS 250. I purchased it off the lot in December 2006. My vehicle has 28,000 miles.

I am having issues with my brakes. I notice a squeaking every time I brake. It's almost embarrassing to be driving a Lexus and hear squealing.

My dash rattles constantly and it reminds me of a car I once drove in college. It's extremely annoying.

Other than that I love my car. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

YES on all. This is the curse of the IS. But there are Technical Service Bulletins on these, so they are "fixable" . The brake pads can get changed out for free. You have two choices, ones with less brake dust and once that don't squeek. I chose the latter. They actually changed out the pads and the rotors for me for free at close to 28K - haven't had the problem again in 20K miles. The Dash rattle also can be fixed for free. They remove the dash and add a "noise kit" basically felt padding. I found the dash problem to reoccur, but I don't feel like having them take the dash out again. I now have moonroof noise (again) and passenger door buzz. Service is very responsive, but they didn't build the product so there is a limited amount they can do - but they try....But it is a beautiful car - I think the nicest on the road - always get complements.