Do I Need To Join Aaa?

Well ... it is doubtful you need either for take care of breakdowns. I think I can count the number of times my wife and I have had to call a tow truck over the past 35 years on the fingers of one hand.

We have found that Triple-A provides important benefits for us but those benefits may not apply to everyone. Sometimes we can get the best hotel rates through Triple-A. For us, the most important benefit of Triple-A is that the rental car company we use most often allows adding additional drivers at no extra cost. To get this benefit, all family members must be covered by the Triple-A membership or they each have to have their own membership. Sometimes, the annual Triple-A membership gets paid for in just one car rental -- pretty important when you rent cars about 20 times per year for from three days to two weeks at a time like we do.

I suggest you read the Triple-A membership benefit information and see if it would be worthwhile for you.

I agree. You already have roadside assistance so the main benefit of AAA is just what 1990LS400 said: savings in other areas. Back in the day AAA gave you stuff like free maps and other goodies, they still do, but who needs maps when you have a GPS? Check the cost to join and see what benefits outside of roadside assistance they would provide you and see if those savings are more than the cost to join. I think the answer will be pretty clear.

And guess what Lexus roadside assistance does when you call for assistance? They call AAA for you.

I've had them come change tires a couple times over the years...they always send AAA. When my car left the 4 year roadside program they called me to tell me the great news, they were going to offer me the opportunity of extending my Lexus roadside for the low-low cost of like $300 a year. I said thanks but no thanks and joined AAA.