New Gx470 Owner

Sukablat

Hello all,

I'm new to the group. I just bought a 2004 GX w/navi, blue meridian. I'm currently in Japan, but I am heading back to the States in March. Are there any mods or parts that you think I should pick up while I'm in the birthplace of the GX? I doubt they'll be any cheaper here, but they may be a little easier to get. I've seen some people put Prado taillights on their GX, etc.

Thanks!

-Knappster

I've seen threads from people on another Lexus forum intent on getting a Prado rear door so they could hang the spare tire on it: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_J_2004_TOYO...1W-GKPGK_4.html I don't know why since the Japan market Prado rear door hinges have been reported to break from the weight of the spare tire.

Not sure if I chose the Prado that most closely matches your GX on the above website ... you could browse the Prado parts descriptions and drawings to see if there is anything you want.

I always dislike that Lexus cars have not had turn signals on the sides -- ones for the Prado are shown on the website above.

Also, replacement outside mirrors with turn signals might be available in the aftermarket in Japan -- over here people usually get the less desirable mirror housing covers with signal lights instead of the full mirror housing with signal lights more widely available in Japan.

Does your GX have the optional 3rd row seats? Or the hitch receiver? Here are the 04 GX specs so you can compare what was available to what your GX has: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/GX/2004.html

Yeah, I didn't even think about the side turn signals or mirrors with the turn signals in them. I guess I was so used to seeing them over here. :huh: I may look in to getting the mirrors. Do you guys think the HID kit would be any different over here vs the ones in the States? Most of the kits I saw on e-bay and the internet come from Japan anyway. Anyone happen to know what the part number would be for the HID kit? Prado's are EVERYWHERE over here!

BillyShaft,

I can price the grill for you if you want? The price may scare you though. I have a Nissan Terrano (Pathfinder) here right now and I order most of the parts for that thing from the States! LOL! But, something that is hard to find may be worth it.

BillyShaft,

I can price the grill for you if you want? The price may scare you though. I have a Nissan Terrano (Pathfinder) here right now and I order most of the parts for that thing from the States! LOL! But, something that is hard to find may be worth it.

Hey! I appreciate it, but my updates are on hold for a bit. I appreciate the offer tho!

:D

1990LS400,

Thanks for those links! I'm not sure if mine has the tow hitch or not. But it does have the 3rd row seats. I take delivery of my truck on 9 March. I know it has the Mark Levingston stereo, NAV, woodgrain package, etc. Not sure about KDSS though.

Does anyone know if the 2004 Nav will play DVD movies? I don't have the roof mount entertainment system. But, I am thinking about going with the headrest LCDs.

-Knappster