Reprogram Computer?

allegoric1

Just bought this 94 LS400 that had been sitting without a battery for months and needing a fan bracket. I paid the mechanic to install the bracket and now the noise is totally gone, but the dash panel is flickering and making a chirping noise, the dealer is trying to tell me some computer needs reprogramming and wants to charge me $200 to do this. This has to be a con right?

By the way I paid $2000 for this car, sound like a good deal with 217K on it? Interior needs the leather redone on the inserts, but that's the biggest problem it has.

Guess I will have to reply and answer my own question, thought maybe someone had an idea, I finally had the computer reset and it needed an EGR valve to $475 will suppose to fix the car, we'll see Friday., small Toyota shop instead of the Lexus dealer is much cheaper.

Did resetting the computer fix your flickering problem?

The EGR tube cracking seems to be a common issue. If your EGR tube is cracked, you will notice that the engine runs kind of loud, like this video:

I'm not sure if $475 is a reasonable price, but it can be a fairly difficult process. See this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=5974

Good luck!