Cpo And Tsbs

No and No.

Many TSIBs are implemented only if an owner complains about a problem described in the TSIB.

Information about options is not stored in the 17 character VIN although I think a Lexus dealer can pull up records about how the car is equipped. It sounds like you have already purchased the car so you must be satisfied with how it is equipped.

I recommend you get a list of available options and personally verify which options the car has -- you can get the list from the CPO model library on the Lexus website.

If you find the car doesn't not have the options you want, simply cancel the purchase -- you have a legal right to do so without even giving the dealer a reason.

Sooo many people buy a car without the options they want and try to add them later -- completely pointless and very expensive ... it is often impossible to add options (e.g. HID) so that they work as well as they would when installed at the factory.

No and No.

Many TSIBs are implemented only if an owner complains about a problem described in the TSIB.

Information about options is not stored in the 17 character VIN although I think a Lexus dealer can pull up records about how the car is equipped. It sounds like you have already purchased the car so you must be satisfied with how it is equipped.

I recommend you get a list of available options and personally verify which options the car has -- you can get the list from the CPO model library on the Lexus website.

If you find the car doesn't not have the options you want, simply cancel the purchase -- you have a legal right to do so without even giving the dealer a reason.

Sooo many people buy a car without the options they want and try to add them later -- completely pointless and very expensive ... it is often impossible to add options (e.g. HID) so that they work as well as they would when installed at the factory.

Thanks for the info. I had just assumed that since the specific maintenance records could be associated with the VIN that the equipment could be as well.

I had just assumed that since the specific maintenance records could be associated with the VIN that the equipment could be as well.

I thought you were asking if information about options is embedded in the 17 character VIN. Of course a Lexus dealer can look up information if you supply the VIN and companies like CarFax compile their records based on the VIN. The VIN itself, however, contains very limited information.