Tpm Disabling Module On 2007 Is

Hi all, Just bought an 07 IS 250AWD...need that here in Canada...anyway bought Winter tires and rims and no sensors ,as I have dropped to 16's from Factory 17 low profile and can monitor tire pressure on my own...How do we disable Module for TPM..Where is it located? What are my options?

You can't. It's not an isolated circuit that can just be shut off. (not the best idea, but it is what it is.)

The only thing you can do is get the sensors and a small 6 inch tubeless trailor tire and deflate it, put the four sensors inside it, and reinflate it to like 40 psi and carry it in the trunk. Or you can make a canister out of PVC pipe, and an air valve, but I keep hearing they don't hold the psi as long for some reason, or leak after a bit. But that could be more because of the craftmanship of the person or lack there of.

Thanks Smooth one...guess they really want us to buy sensors....any good deals out there... ;)

You can't. It's not an isolated circuit that can just be shut off. (not the best idea, but it is what it is.)

The only thing you can do is get the sensors and a small 6 inch tubeless trailor tire and deflate it, put the four sensors inside it, and reinflate it to like 40 psi and carry it in the trunk. Or you can make a canister out of PVC pipe, and an air valve, but I keep hearing they don't hold the psi as long for some reason, or leak after a bit. But that could be more because of the craftmanship of the person or lack there of.

What did you do with the original set of sensors?

I've heard alot of guys get them off Ebay and not have any problems. You should be able to get a set for 150(ish)? the only issue now would be that you have to go to the dealer and have them registered to the car before you put them in the tire.