I Love My Lexus!

I know...my wife drives the Prius, very similar.

I would be very surprised if it was a malfunction, I just don't see what would explode, gas is not that explosive and what else is in a car that can cause an explosion like that?

They say the guy was just a family doctor and that he wouldn't be a target, but you'd be amazed what normal people can get involved in to become targets for stuff like this...

Well, Lead/acid batteries can outgas H2/O2 (it was a huge concern on the submarine, and we had ventillation/H2 gauges and procedures to follow to avoid problems)

Our batteries are not Lead/acid. I believe they are NiMH modules and they supposedly don't outgas at all.

NOTE: taking this conversation to the appropriate thread, sorry.

Wow...simply stunning. If I had any doubts about my IS before I saw this, I think that they are all pretty much cleared up now haha. Thanks for the list Randy!

Hey Roco,

I'm curious it there are any other car makers out there that has a similar list of "awards".... ^_^

Yeah the 3 series has a bunch of awards but most are performance wise. As far as reliability and interior "gadgets" I really don't think there are too many cars with the value of the IS.