No Disk Detected - 2002 Lx470

victorjohn

I see that many of my LX470 brothers are suffering the same problem that I am with their GPS systems. The "No Disk Detected" error message has been on my screen for the past 4 months and I plan on doing something about it. I spoke with Lexus dealer who will only replace the entire unit - Unit cost is $5,000. There is a much more inexpensive way. On this site, there is a link to a repair shop in Masachusetts that will repair it for $387.00. However, you of course must remove the CPU unit located under the front passenger seat. I can't seem to get enough clearance to be able to remove the unit. A freind of mine builds truck interiors for Kenworth and wasn't positive but said that Lexus may use a special bolt to hold the seat down which must be ground down to remove the seat. Does not anybody know how to get the CPU out without removing the seat?

• 2 weeks later...

New Update: I spoke with a Lexus dealer mechanic who told me the only way to remove the CPU was to remove the seat. The dealer charged me $100 to remove the GPS CPU for me so I can mail to Mass. for repair. They'll ding me another $100 to put it back in. After all is said and done I'll have about $550 not including shipping to repair the unit. I guess it's still better than the $5,000 that Lexus would have charged me for a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You do not need to remove the seat to remove the Nav unit. You move the seat all the way to the front and have complete access (after removing the plastic cover). Removal only takes 10 min.