Plz Help Me Decide

Hello everybody. I'm a new member on this forum. I joined knowing that my next car would be a Lexus. I stumbled a crossed two that already have a swap. one is a 1994 GS with the 2jz twin turbo and the other is a 1993 SC 1jz twin turbo. they have the gs for sell about 2000 more then the SC. i have the money in hand to buy either or, i wish i had it for both. but the major issue for me right now is that i don't like fact that they both are automatics. for people that have a 1jz or 2jz twin turbo that's are autos. what 1/4 times would i be exspecting? is it possiable to swap over to manual in the GS or SC? if so which tranny? would i have to change driveshaft and other as well?

and last but not least. the GS? or should i go with the SC? i do favor the SC over the GS... but mannn the GS have the 2jz just too temping!

thanks for the help!

so the 1994 gs has the 2JZ-GTE or the 2JZ-GE which they turbocharged? me personally i would rather have a automatic turbo if im racing or we.....ONE MAJOR REASON= LESS LOSS OF BOOST BETWEEN SHIFT POINTS although the stick shift would be more fun to drive im sure. yes its possible to swap to a stick on EITHER the gs or the sc just a tad expensive

its was the 2jz-gte

so the 1994 gs has the 2JZ-GTE or the 2JZ-GE which they turbocharged? me personally i would rather have a automatic turbo if im racing or we.....ONE MAJOR REASON= LESS LOSS OF BOOST BETWEEN SHIFT POINTS although the stick shift would be more fun to drive im sure. yes its possible to swap to a stick on EITHER the gs or the sc just a tad expensive

What do you consider "a tad expensive"?

Dude, stick shifting always beats automatic unless you don't know how to shift

What do you consider "a tad expensive"?

SEVERAL thousand dollars EITHER car you go with....lets see you'll need a clutch assy, clutch master cylinder, manual tranny, clutch, new shift linkage, new drive shaft (maybe i dunno if the auto will work), etc etc. it has been done on BOTH cars but IMHO its not really worth it.....although i would still love it

um no sir.....automatics WILL ALWAYS be the fastest tranny for a turbo application. there is little to any loss of boost between shifts on a automatic....

i dunno how i could have but i forgot about this example. so your telling me you can shift faster than a paddle shifter, which IS a automatic tranny.....face it man, autos suck we ALL know this. especially for fun,spirited driving BUT you'll always be faster in the long run with a auto. if you take the same two cars with like mods, ones a auto and ones a manual and race over a mile (think loss of boost will be insignificant in the quarter but maybe not) or so, the auto will have lost LESS boost pressure in between shifts (as it changes gears faster so again less loss of boost pressure) taking the manual more time/effort/energy to play catch up. if i was drag racing i would rather have a turbo supra than a stick supra....i promise B)

I agree...nothing beats a stick for thrill of driving but I always end up spilling my drink :angry: and these cars esp the 400's are so damn fast shifting isn't really a necessity :P

also harder to talk on phone without a free hand lol.....loved my first stick shift with cruise control (my 1993 red delsol) :D