Radio Text Scroll 2005 Rx 330

caseyjones

I own a 2005 RX 330. I have a friend with the same model. His radio test scrolls in realtime to identify song station ect. On mine I have to push the txt button and can only retrieve partial information. The Southside Atlanta Lexus dealer says that late in the 2005 year Lexus legal had the realtime scroll capability eliminated for "safety reasons". So now instead of a glance I have to push a button and read fast, doesn't sound safe to me??? Is this true, has anyone else experienced this. Can I fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
I own a 2005 RX 330. I have a friend with the same model. His radio test scrolls in realtime to identify song station ect. On mine I have to push the txt button and can only retrieve partial information. The Southside Atlanta Lexus dealer says that late in the 2005 year Lexus legal had the realtime scroll capability eliminated for "safety reasons". So now instead of a glance I have to push a button and read fast, doesn't sound safe to me??? Is this true, has anyone else experienced this. Can I fix it?

I also have a 2005 RX330 and have the same issue. Haven't been able to find a solution. Dealer says it's permanent, but there's gotta be a way!?? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a 2005 RX330 and have the same issue. Haven't been able to find a solution. Dealer says it's permanent, but there's gotta be a way!?? :unsure:

I've got the exact same problem. Were either of you able to get this fixed? If so, how?

I just got off the phone with Coastal E Tech. The guy there said they didn't have anything that would help me because my car doesn't have a dvd screen. I asked if he had any suggestions and he said no. So if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Frankly I am shocked that you got a hold of someone at coastaletech...their product is well-respected, but their customer service is just as well-known for sucking pretty bad.

Too bad you do not have Nav, their product description specifically states that the radio text is a fix with their product.

There is a link on here that discusses removing speed sensor wiring for other model Lexi that may help you in your quest.

I've got the exact same problem. Were either of you able to get this fixed? If so, how?

Hi Bearkat...still no solution. Let us know if you're able to find anything out with your local audio store. Sorry! :(