Winter Tire Ratings

Lexusfreak

Thought these links might be of help to members trying to decide on which winter tires to consider.

These links are the ratings (on a star scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best) with a brief overview for many of the popular winter tires available for the 2008 - 2009 winter season. Bridgestone, Toyo & Yokohama have some of the highest ratings. B) Any Canadians in need of winter rubber....please PM me directly.....I just might be able to help you out & for very reasonable prices. :)

From the APA...

- Passenger vehicles...

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=297

- Performance cars...

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=298

- SUV's...

http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?DocID=299

:cheers:

• 6 months later...

Thought I would bump this up....I will post the 2009 - 2010 ratings once I have them (they should come out around mid October)....but for those who are considering winter rubber (especially Canadian members), many places sold out early across the country in the fall of 2008 because of the new winter tire laws in Quebec......as I write this, the tire makers are producing their winter rubber & to avoid any issues, I highly suggest getting yours by the early fall.

Thought I would bump this up....I will post the 2009 - 2010 ratings once I have them (they should come out around mid October)....but for those who are considering winter rubber (especially Canadian members), many places sold out early across the country in the fall of 2008 because of the new winter tire laws in Quebec......as I write this, the tire makers are producing their winter rubber & to avoid any issues, I highly suggest getting yours by the early fall.

OMG! Bren. I am peeling like a moulting snake due to a sunburn, just got back from NYC with 85° weather and come home to you bumping a thread promoting snow tires. ARE YOU CRAZY MAN!!! let me finish the summer. :P

steviej

OMG! Bren. I am peeling like a moulting snake due to a sunburn, just got back from NYC with 85° weather and come home to you bumping a thread promoting snow tires. ARE YOU CRAZY MAN!!! let me finish the summer. :P

steviej

lol Steve.....I saw some of your pics.....looks like it was a blast bud! B)

Many Canadian members will know why I bumped this thread up :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...