Rx350 Speedometer Error

Just came back from a 1500 mile drive to FLorida and realized that compared to my Garmin GPS, the speedometer on my 08 RX350 read 4 mph higher than the actual speed I was traveling. I recently had a loaner (RX350H) and it was dead nuts against the speedometer. When you are traveling at highway speed for 25 hours, that translates into driving several hours more because you thought you were going faster than you actually were going.

I know there have been some old threads about this, but I was wondering if anyone has any updated news as to what Lexus position is on this. My car is actually at the dealer now and I wanted to be informed when he calls me back and says that 4 mph is within the Lexus spec and won't fix it -

Thanks

TJM

I seriously doubt Lexus will repair your speedometer. Our 2002 RX300 reads one mph lower than actual (using a garmin 2730 Streetpilot as a reference). Our new 2009 RX350 indicates 2.5 mph lower than actual per the same reference. The actual vs indicated delta on both vehicles is very well behaved and remains constant at all speeds. Our 2002 BMW Z3 3.0i Roadster, on the otherhand, indicates from 2.5 to four mph higher than actual and seems to vary as a function of the tides. This is a common issue and BMW will do nothing to reduce or correct the error.