Sh Sh Sh Noise When Turning

wifiabc

Hi,

I can hear a rubbing "sh sh sh" noise from the right side when I turn right. I don't hear the sound when I turn left. The closest description of the noise is like the sound you get when you rub your palm on your shirt or pants. So far I hear this at low speeds ( 30km/h - 50km/h) but not at highway speeds (perhaps drowned by wind noise).

Could this be caused by wheel bearing?

Car is a 92 ES 300.

Could be a wheel bearing, or an indication that a brake pad or slide pin in the brakes on that side are partially seized up and are not allowing the pad to release properly from the rotor after you use the brakes. Bearing noises are usually louder and change volume and sound as you steer sharply left to right and back again at various speeds. Best to check this out in a large parking lot. As for the brake rotor noise, it'll go swish..swish if things need to be cleaned up and relubed. The only way to tell is to try the parking lot manouvre for the bearing, and to pull the wheel when the car is off the ground for the brake noise. Good Luck!