Sc300 Window Issues

cuao007

HELLO FOLLOW LEXUS OWNERS

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I HAVE A 1996 SC300, STOCK, AUTOMATIC, POWER EVERYTHING. IT HAS 188K MILE. I AM THE 2ND OWNER LAST FIVER YEARS AND 55K MILES. MY BIG ISSUE RIGHT NOW IS THAT BOTH DRIVER AND PASSENGER WINDOWS WILL NOT COME DOWN. LOCK/UNLOCK WORKS AND POWER MIRRORS WORK. I HAVE TRIED TW0 USED SWITCHES AND STILL DOESNT WORK. FUSE IS OKAY. MECHANIC SAYS JUICE IS COMING THROUGH THE WIRES. FIRST THE DRIVERS QUIT THEN THE PASSENGERS QUIT SEVERAL MONTHS LATER. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

MANY THANKS

NORMAN

Your going to have to pull the inner door panel and see whats the matter. It's easy once you know where the screws are. On my '93 (but I bet they're all the same) they are: 2 under the armrest, one behind the black cover under the handle (it pops off, but it feels like it's gonna break), some on the upper front and rear bottom edge, and then some plastic things that you just stick a screwdriver under to pop out under the forward bottom edge. Before you do this undo the wires to the swiches and the light. When it comes off, push out the two cables from where they slide into the holder, and then undo them from the little holes. Could be the motor, or the cable or? These cars have window problems, do a search on this and other sites. Let us know what you find. Usually they drop when the cable goes, and of course your miles from home and it's raining............