Help With Back Door

lexus1313

I have a 2004 GX470 with the following problem. While dropping off my wife and kids at a restaurant, I tried to unlock the back door from the driver's seat. First with the car in drive, then in park. Never could get it to work. When I parked the car and shut it off, I tried again, still wouldn't open. All the other doors are fine. I crawled into the back seat and noticed that there is no way to open the back door hatch from the inside. I looked in the owner's manual and found several options on how to automatically lock the doors. I tried these thinking I had got this out of whack pushing the buttons with the car on. No change. I can hear the back door mechanism clicking so I no it's trying to work but the handle always feels disconnected. Any advice on what to try would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
there is a TSIB on your door lock problem, take it to a dealer and tell them the TSIB number is BO007-04. they will replace the rear back door lock for free.

it is free if you are still under warrenty.

I had to pay $500.00 + to replace the relay.

Ok guys here is what i did, as someone gave this idea to me and it worked. seems to be foolish if lexus has built a system in place for lock and release.

1. When all doors are locked,and if the unlock is'nt working. This case if and whenever a battery terminal is removed and reconnected.

2. Sit in the Driver area. The doors lock when released do not work. What one must do is go to induvidual door control s/w & press the s/w down,until the glass down till the last resting area. Wait for 3- secs and get the door glass back again rite to the top. This must be done all doors induvidually and sequentially, clockwise direction.

3. Now come to the driver control area. Just click the lock release button once with the ignition key at position 'on'.

4. Now once you have activated this the glass screen and the locks work fine.

I exactly followed this and it did. surprisingly. Hop it works for you and save your dollars.