03 Rx 300 Nav Problem Update

FlashGordonSD

This is an update on my earlier post. I recently changed the battery in my RX300 03. After the change the nav stopped working. I took the car to the dearler yesterday and they indicate that I need a new ECU. Cost....$1449.00!!

Is this the unit in the back of the car? Would it be easy to change out? Does anyone know where to buy a unit new or used to replace this unit?

FlashgordonSD

This is an update on my earlier post. I recently changed the battery in my RX300 03. After the change the nav stopped working. I took the car to the dearler yesterday and they indicate that I need a new ECU. Cost....$1449.00!!

Is this the unit in the back of the car? Would it be easy to change out? Does anyone know where to buy a unit new or used to replace this unit?

FlashgordonSD

The NAV DVD unit is in the back right of the car and is easy to replace if you find a replacement unit.

Here is a post from a guy who apparently can repair the Gen 2/3 nav systems:

Nav Repair info

I'm not sure how changing the battery could damage the Nav unit, did you cross the battery leads? have you pulled the fuse for the Nav unit to check if it is good? Leave the fuse out for 10 min and re-install and see if the Nav unit comes back to life. Does the unit turn on? have you pulled out the nav disk and reinserted it? I missed you original post so sorry if you already mentioned all this.

Jeff