Need Help Assistance Installing Ls400 Navigation System

dartalki

I recently purchased the navigation screen, ECM, and GPS antenna for my 1998 LS400. For what I understood the LS400 is pre-wired for the NAV system. Mine came stock with the standard setup (pioneer head unit, climate control, and CD changer). Is it possible to upgrade my LS to NAV, because if so I don't see the connectors I'm supposed to plug into the system. I've spent a good bit of money on these parts and now I'm fearing I can't use them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!! :(

I recently purchased the navigation screen, ECM, and GPS antenna for my 1998 LS400. For what I understood the LS400 is pre-wired for the NAV system. Mine came stock with the standard setup (pioneer head unit, climate control, and CD changer). Is it possible to upgrade my LS to NAV, because if so I don't see the connectors I'm supposed to plug into the system. I've spent a good bit of money on these parts and now I'm fearing I can't use them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !!! :(

:o You will not be able to install the nav without a custom made wiring harness. There are no aftermarket solutions. Whoever told you that the car was prewired for nav from the factory owes you an explanation BIG TIME !!! <_< I may be able to get a wiring harness for you. If I may ask... How much have you paid for the system so far ? And exactly what parts have you purchased ? Can you get your money back ?

:o You will not be able to install the nav without a custom made wiring harness. There are no aftermarket solutions. Whoever told you that the car was prewired for nav from the factory owes you an explanation BIG TIME !!! <_< I may be able to get a wiring harness for you. If I may ask... How much have you paid for the system so far ? And exactly what parts have you purchased ? Can you get your money back ?

Thanks for responding !!! I have spent around $750+ for the navigation screen, navigation ECM, GPS antenna, and navigation owner manuals... and unfortunately I don't think I can get my money back... I'm at a lost right as I don't know where to go next... If you have a custom wiring harness or know where I could purchase one I would appreciate it... I'm taking Electronics in college, so I have the ability to understand the wiring and componet part I just don't know what are my options, unfortunately if any... again, thanks for taking the time to reply !!! :(

Thanks for responding !!! I have spent around $750+ for the navigation screen, navigation ECM, GPS antenna, and navigation owner manuals... and unfortunately I don't think I can get my money back... I'm at a lost right as I don't know where to go next... If you have a custom wiring harness or know where I could purchase one I would appreciate it... I'm taking Electronics in college, so I have the ability to understand the wiring and componet part I just don't know what are my options, unfortunately if any... again, thanks for taking the time to reply !!! :(

I'll look into it, Usually the harness is sold as part of the complete system.

I'll look into it, Usually the harness is sold as part of the complete system.

Thanks for your help and the "ADD"... I can be reached at dartalkion1@aol.com... Thanks again !!! ;)

• 2 years later...

Hey guys... any feedback would be appricated... im thinking of doing this also.... were you able to get it up and running? what was the final cost and if so tell me a little about the project... any pictures? by the way how much was the harness from fish?

Hey guys... any feedback would be appricated... im thinking of doing this also.... were you able to get it up and running? what was the final cost and if so tell me a little about the project... any pictures? by the way how much was the harness from fish?

Are you looking for a complete LS400 nav system ?