Help! Car Wont Start.

MrWinkle

Hello to all the lexus owners and fans out there. I recently bought a 1990 LS400 and it has been cranking fine. However when i got up to go get some lunch i jump in my car and it would not start or crank. I tried to jump it off thinking it was the battery and to no avail i still received nothing from my auto. all my instrument cluster lights come on like normal, my interior lights come on, my steering wheel still moves up and down like it should. I repeat when i turn to start the engine i get nothing no sound what so ever, not even the familiar "click-click" sound of a bad starter. please give me some direction in the matter cause as of right now i am totally lost!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Hello to all the lexus owners and fans out there. I recently bought a 1990 LS400 and it has been cranking fine. However when i got up to go get some lunch i jump in my car and it would not start or crank. I tried to jump it off thinking it was the battery and to no avail i still received nothing from my auto. all my instrument cluster lights come on like normal, my interior lights come on, my steering wheel still moves up and down like it should. I repeat when i turn to start the engine i get nothing no sound what so ever, not even the familiar "click-click" sound of a bad starter. please give me some direction in the matter cause as of right now i am totally lost!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Sounds like a faulty ignition switch.

Sounds like a faulty ignition switch.

How much does the cost and is it a do it yourself job?

Not sure, if it is a DYI job or not, you might want to Call Lexus for the part cost, and find out how much Labour they figure it is, jsut to give you an idea of how big a job it is.

Can't say I 've ever had to do such a repair my self.

last time my 94LS got problem I have it towed to the Lexus dealer and they charged me about $130.00 for diagnostic (that included round trip ride back and forth from my house to the dealer! ) and that way I know for sure what was broken instead of guessing. Not bad!