New Rx300 2002 Owner Help Wanted

VIRGOPELO

Hi to all i have a RX300 2002 and i an new to this forum and i have a few question.

I have this car for like a week or so and is EXCELLENT i love it very smooth and nice ,i was reading about the tranny problem and i want to change the fluid, on the local auto parts i found one CASTROL IMPORT MULTI VEHICLE AND IS RECOMMENDED FOR TOYOTA AND LEXUS can any one tell me if this it will be fine or i shuld go to the dealer and get the lexus oem tranny fluid ?

Another question i was reading about the engine smuggle problem ,my car docen't look to have the problem and i will like to keep it this way ,since the car have 86 000 mile i was planing t change the oil using castrol 10-40w ,on the cap of the oil is market to use 5-30w but i live on Miami and this is very hot so i was thinking that the 10 40 will do better on a car with this mileage can any give any orietation regarding this ?

Another thing ,my windshield washer liquid bottle was empty when i get the car and as soon as i put the liquid star to show the sign on hte cluster that is empty can any one tell me how to reset the sensor.?

thanks to all

Welcome aboard, for the tranny fluid I would use Toyota Type IV from either toyota or Lexus dealership. An alternative is AMSOIL....

For the engine use a full synthetic such as Mobil 1, Castrol Oil, etc. Personally I use Castrol oil 0-30 which you can get at Autozone. It is the European formuala made in Germany. A very good oil which should provide the protection that is necessary. The windshield wiper sensor should not have to be reset, though I have never had that light come on.

Welcome aboard, for the tranny fluid I would use Toyota Type IV from either toyota or Lexus dealership. An alternative is AMSOIL....

For the engine use a full synthetic such as Mobil 1, Castrol Oil, etc. Personally I use Castrol oil 0-30 which you can get at Autozone. It is the European formuala made in Germany. A very good oil which should provide the protection that is necessary. The windshield wiper sensor should not have to be reset, though I have never had that light come on.

HI thanks for the replay and the info ,can you tell me how many quarters do i nedd to buy for the tranny change and if you consider better the filter with the mesh or the one with the paper

thanks a lot

you would need 4-5 qts of tranny fluid for a drain and fill. The wire mesh filter has been discontinued as far as I know... So paper it is....

HI THANKS A GAIN I WAS BY THE LOCAL AUTO PARTS TO SEE IF THEY HAVE THE FILTER WITH THE MESH BUT THE HAVE THE ONE WITH THE PAPER AND I WILL LOOK A LITE MORE AND IF I FOUND THE ONE WITH EH MESH I LET YOU KNOW ,ACCORDING TO WHAT I UNDERSTAND THE PAPER ONE IS BETTER BUT IT WILL NEED TO BE REPLACE OFTEN THAT THE ONE WITH THE MESH IF NOT IT WILL CLOG AND IT WILL MESS YOUR TRANNY CORECT>?

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLAY

This is from another site CL but will answer every question about transmission fluid change:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx300-foru...ter-change.html

HI I FOUND THIS ARTICLE FOR ANOTHER FORUM http://clublexus.com/forums/rx300-forum/38...ans-filter.html

and i will be looking for this FRAM FILTER TO SEE IF IS THE ONE WITH THE MESH AND I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW ,ON THE AUTO PARTS WEB IS AVAILABLE BUT NOT ON THE STORE

• 2 weeks later...
Hi to all i have a RX300 2002 and i an new to this forum and i have a few question.

I have this car for like a week or so and is EXCELLENT i love it very smooth and nice ,i was reading about the tranny problem and i want to change the fluid, on the local auto parts i found one CASTROL IMPORT MULTI VEHICLE AND IS RECOMMENDED FOR TOYOTA AND LEXUS can any one tell me if this it will be fine or i shuld go to the dealer and get the lexus oem tranny fluid ?

Another question i was reading about the engine smuggle problem ,my car docen't look to have the problem and i will like to keep it this way ,since the car have 86 000 mile i was planing t change the oil using castrol 10-40w ,on the cap of the oil is market to use 5-30w but i live on Miami and this is very hot so i was thinking that the 10 40 will do better on a car with this mileage can any give any orietation regarding this ?

Another thing ,my windshield washer liquid bottle was empty when i get the car and as soon as i put the liquid star to show the sign on hte cluster that is empty can any one tell me how to reset the sensor.?

thanks to all

Welcome to the site. You will need to keep up with maintenance on this vehicle because, like all SUV's, they move a lot of weight and most run AWD which puts more strain on the transmission and engine. I only use Toyota type T-IV ATF every 15k and I use the Walmart full synthetic 5W-30 engine oil with a Fram Extraguard filter every 5k. Also, replace your antifreeze every 24 months with only Toyota " Red " antifreeze, you're engine will thank you for it by not corroding inside. If you drive the vehicle in a decent manner and do not overload it all the time you will be rewarded with a long and happy life. I have a 2002 RX300 AWD with 128k and I just do the basic maintance, I have only had to replace the O2 sensors so far, I will replace the timing belt this spring. Also, replace the spark plugs at 100k with the recommended Iridium plugs from Denso and while you are at it clean the throttle body and the Idle Air Control valve. I got the instructions with pictures on this website. Good luck. By the way, if the washer light does not go out you may have to replace the sensor but it may have been dry for awhile so keep it full and see what happens.

hi thanks fo the advice ,i wan to add the i receive the FRAM tranny filter and this one is NOT THE ONE WITH THE MESH ,apparently nobody is making the mesh filter any more

I already fix the windshield fluid problem ,the sensor has twisted a little bit so i put it on the correct position fix the problem

thanks to you all for the information :D :D