94 Es300 Headlights

debran6

When I turned off my car tonight and opened the door to exit, the headlights did not automatically shut off. I had to manually turn them off. This is the first time this has happened. They usually shut off automatically after you turn off the engine and open the driver's side door. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Did you notice if the cabin lights came on? The drivers door switch turns on the overhead light, and also turns off the headlights. Next time the headlights fail to turn off, check the overhead lights, if they are off, reach down and wiggle the door switch. It is located on the post (between the front and read doors), a little below the latch.

Yea, happened to me a little while ago, I didn't even notice that the overhead light didn't come on the first time it happened to me. I quess when I get a little time I will pull the switch and see what it looks like. There are a couple different styles for sale on ebay, price is just a few dollars (of course I am looking at switches for a camry ). I am sure one of the different styles will work. who knows maybe a little de-greasing will fix the switch.