Battery/turn Signal Problem

dg1

Just replaced the battery on my 2004 gx470. The left front turn signal also was not working. After replacing the battery the turn signal now works. What gives? Is it a sign of another problem??

• 2 weeks later...

My right turn just started blinking at mach 3. Really really fast. The left one is normal and slow, like a heartbeat. I looked at it (from outside the car) and the right rear was flashing like a hyperactive child. The front light was dead.

Is the increased blink speed some kind of indicator of a problem (in this case blown bulb?) or does it perhaps indicate a bigger problem? Or do I just need to change the battery? ;)

Thanks,

2004 GX470

My right turn just started blinking at mach 3. Really really fast. The left one is normal and slow, like a heartbeat. I looked at it (from outside the car) and the right rear was flashing like a hyperactive child. The front light was dead.

Is the increased blink speed some kind of indicator of a problem (in this case blown bulb?) or does it perhaps indicate a bigger problem? Or do I just need to change the battery? ;)

Thanks,

2004 GX470

Typically the circuit will double-cycle when one of the bulbs is out. It's just trying to let you know something is amiss!

Change that front bulb and you should be back to normal.

HTH,

~Brian

2004 GX470

Typically the circuit will double-cycle when one of the bulbs is out. It's just trying to let you know something is amiss!

Change that front bulb and you should be back to normal.

HTH,

~Brian

Thank you very much, makes sense, will order up some bulbs!