New Gx470 Owner Looking For Bluetooth/video Advise

GXfohseventy

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2003 GX470 with 52K miles. It came with factory Navigation and DVD/Entertainment system, but no bluetooth or backup camera. I know the camera was not available until 04, and not sure on when bluetooth came around... I think 05.

Anyway, I want to add bluetooth and a backup camera using the existing Nav screen.

Does anyone out there know of a good company that makes the modules for me to accomplish this ? Also, does anyone know of any that I should stay away from ?

Thank you,

Ryan Poulos

Celina,TX

I've seen owners of older GX cars ask the Bluetooth question many times on Lexus forums and have never seen anyone come up with a method of adding Bluetooth into the GX nav system. It is easy enough to install a Bluetooth kit so it will at least automatically mute the radio during a call and allow voice dialing. There are Bluetooth kits from many major companies - Parrot, Nokia, Motorola, etc. Not that it is the best kit but Lexus dealers in the U.K. and Europe sell the Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth kit as an official Lexus accessory.

Non-integrated Bluetooth handsfree products such as those that mount on a sun visor have become very inexpensive -- plenty of them for less than $50 -- but they won't mute your radio when a call is in progress.

Thanks for the info.

I grew up in Kansas ( Derby ) so thanks from my old homeland.

I've been reading up and it appears the Parrot does work and display incoming calls on the existing NAV screen. It will also mute the radio. I'll let you know after calling them if that is correct.

Any other advise from someone that's done it would be great.

Thanks,

Ryan