Steeringwheel-vibrations On Rough Surface?

Hi!

I am experiencing vibrations on my steeingwheel ALWAYS when driving on rough surfaces. (17" rims) My dealer told me this seems to be normal. However, he lend me another IS250 for comparison - same result. Can this be true? Why am I driving a RWD-car when I still feel disturbances in the steeingwheel?

kr, linn

Hmm, how do I put this???

Luxury cars are for all purposes of this discussion are the opposite of a sports car. Sports designs are intended to keep the driver more apart of what is going on with the car and the ground below it. Luxury cars are designed to isolate the driver away from what is going on and the ground underneath it. The complete opposite of what sport is trying to accomplish. So, when you try to blend the two together, you end up with either a sporty car that has some luxury attributes, like the IS 350, or you have a luxury car that has some sporting qualities to it, like the GS 350. Then you have what are called "narrow focused" cars like the Corvette that makes no apologies for a harsh and loud ride, and quick steering. And the Maybach that just glides along on a cloud like pillow.