A Few Questions People Cant Seem To Answer

LexSC400328

ok well back in my home town in peabody MA nobody seems to agree on anything...first off my summer high performance tires will not move my car 1 inch in the new england snow, so i need all season tires. every tire place around here is trying to screw me with tires and estimates 700 bucks for 4 all seasons....HA! i was told that both V and H rated tires will be fine for my SC400, since i dont plan on going up to 130-150 MPH, i dont tihnk it matters but thats my first question. V or H ? BIG price difference...wat should i do? and secondly, my car is obv running rich because i can smell gas when i get out, i have a lot of exhaust comin out, and my MPG have gone WAY down...not sure what the cause is but its aggravating. and it doesnt seem like anyone around here can diagnose a car w/o telling me i need to rebuild the entire car haha ;)

so thanks again guys there is no place more reliable than this site. :lol:

DO NOT drive around if you smell gas anywhere. Get it towed into a shop. If your SC is a 96+ you might be able to disgnose it with a OBD II scanner that you can buy at places like Sears, Autozone, etc...

As for tires in the winter; don't sweat the speed rating because it is unimportant. Look for a tire which has deep and aggressive tread to grip in snow and ice. You might try somewhere online like tires.com or tirerack.com and get the tires shipped to you. Take them to a shop and get them installed. I always do it like that; lower price, better selection, and no pressure sales.

hey yeah thanks man my SC is a 93 so its OBD 1...as for tires i ended up getting a really awesome deal on some BF Goodrich ultra high performance all seasons...from tirerack.com they were Z rated too which is up to 170 mph lol :D

but yeah im still smelling gas while im driving and right after i shut it off... <_<

Here's how to pull your codes:

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

Besides dirty o2 sensors, could be the cold start circuit isn't shutting off or a faulty coolant temp sensor causing the efi to run rich.