Radio Locked Me Out

Toneonly

Changed battery and was asked for SEC code but the radio is a replacement so the old code which is in my manual was the wrong code now radio completely powered off! Like as in wont turn back on. Dealer wants 50 bucks!? Any help? please i need my sounds baby

Many Lexus dealerships do not charge for this service. I know that ours in Kansas City does not. I suggest you try calling another dealership or independent mechanic specializing in Toyota/Lexus cars.

$50 really sounds quite reasonable though. I have heard of some dealerships charging into the hundreds.

I've disconnected and recharged the battery many times while changing the ACV, replacing plugs and wires, etc. Never had to enter a security code after I reconnected the battery. So I guess, in your case, someone disconnected the battery to install a replacement radio on the old battery, and it must have worked fine. So later you got an SEC code request on the same radio with a new battery? Nah, doesn't work that way. You have a radio from God knows where, and want to install it in who knows what car, prob not even a Lexus. Pay the 50 bucks-chicken feed at a Lexus dealer-I was quoted 1 hour at $120. Then again, maybe you can sell the radio that you got from who knows where.... Hope you get your sounds, Baby.....