Accident

dsmith

have a 2004 lx 470 going 30mph through intersection and a car pulled in front of me to turn right, i braked and swerved right and he hit me along the front drivers and rear door,spun me around to the left, passenger rear tire came off the rim and my front air bags deployed but not as much as i expected, as anybody else experienced this - no side bags went off- and nobody hurt, he had a medium car and had less damage than me because i tried to avoid him, if i would have hit him straight on the story would be different.

thanks

David

I'm sure the front airbag came out correctly. They are supposed to inflate and deflate so quickly you are unable to see it with the naked eye without a high speed camera. You will never see the airbag fully inflated. This is so if you need to still manuver the car after an accident; you can do so without the inflated airbag in the way. As for the side airbags depending on how hard the car hit you, it might not have exceeded the threshold of the airbag system. It sounds like the car may have hit more closer to the front abruptly stopping your truck causing the front airbag to inflate. Front airbag systems are deployed based how fast the car decelerates. As for the side airbags. Maybe you were not hit hard enough. You got pictures?

will try to get pictures, i am going today to the body shop but the car may not be there, has to come from from the towers yard. but thanks for that info. i have also been told to make sure they install original NEW air bags, any other info would be gratefully received.

David