Subwoofer Not Working

PLEASE HELP...

I had a metal chair in the trunk of my car which touched the Subwoofer. Smoke rose from right front dash which I assumed was the amplifier.

The rear speakers (including sub) no longer worked but, the head unit and front speakers worked. I installed the re-fabricated amp which I purchased

from a creditable lexus dealership. Now, front and rear speakers work but, no sound from sub. Any suggestions would truely help?

Thank you for taking the time to help a frustrated LEXUS owner!!!

Thank you Stylz and Sakataj...

Just got back from having the wires and sub tested at an audio shop.

It turns out the wires are fine but, the Sub blew also with the amp. What a bummer. I just ordered a

new sub from the dealership for about $180...not bad.

Also, FYI...if anyone who reads this finds they have the same problem, there are dealerships who will

sell re-furbished amps and other electronic products for an exchange of the core and a cheap price.

I was able to purchase the amp for $177 which is much much cheaper than any other place i could find.

I think the lowest i was quoted by other dealerships was around $450. Thousand Oaks Lexus in california

is one of those who sells re-furbished with a one year warranty.

Hope this helps

check classifieds before u order new, coulda saved your self a ton. Y wouldn't u just put a aftermarket sub/amp in? im gonna, im replacing my factory 10" ML sub for a 12" pioneer ts-sw1241d sub. more bass, better sound, bigger sub, EXACT same location with a custom shallow box in trunk you'll never see less u look under the trunk for it

check classifieds before u order new, coulda saved your self a ton. Y wouldn't u just put a aftermarket sub/amp in? im gonna, im replacing my factory 10" ML sub for a 12" pioneer ts-sw1241d sub. more bass, better sound, bigger sub, EXACT same location with a custom shallow box in trunk you'll never see less u look under the trunk for it

:lol: that would've been a much better route to go! but at least now you know.