Fuel Pump

torreto

Hey i have any issue with stating my 92 ls400. iam leening towards the fuel pump but not sure where it is i found the fuel filter but no fuel pump? if anyone knows let me know thanks.

Hi torreto,

not going to be easy. Looking at my 1991 LS400 shop manual (I assume this works for yours too), page FI-18, the fuel pump is inside the fuel tank. Steps to remove:

1. disconnect battery

2. drain fuel from tank

3. remove front luggage compartment cover

4. remove rear seat back

5. remove partition panel plug

6. remove fuel pump

a - disconnect the fuel pump connector

b - remove the eight bolts and remove the fuel pump set plate

c - move the two clips aside and move the fuel hose toward the fuel pump bracket side

d - remove the three bolts and remove the fuel pump

e - remove the two clips

Hope this helps.

Ed

Hey i have any issue with stating my 92 ls400. iam leening towards the fuel pump but not sure where it is i found the fuel filter but no fuel pump? if anyone knows let me know thanks.

I just replaced my fuel pump last weekend on my 92 ls. It is located right behind the back seat. Once you get the back rest out, there is a round cut out with a cover plate. Looks like a man hole. The fuel pump is right under that plate. Turned out not be that big of a job as I thought it would be. ;)

If you're sure your problem is the pump then replace by all means. But when you say

iam leening towards the fuel pump
sounds like you 're not entirely certain. If you'd like members to offer some advice as to your problem rather than just instructions for replacing the pump, you'll have to provide more information, as Walt is suggesting.