92 Sc400 Line In From Cell Phone Module.

el_maodoc

Hi guys. As i understand at year 1992 was a luxury option to have a cell phone included on the car, but not any more. Im understanding since i hear the phone on my speakers that it's a line in. Do you know how to use it to connect my phone, i dont want to tear appart every little thing and screw someting.

Please note that if some ones gime me the theory, i'll document any change that i'll do, and for future reference will be available. Maybe the "1 button" 2 button and phone icon button will work like change song, vol up, mute. That's not easy to do, but if someone wants to participate feel free.

another thing, if that doesnt work, i'll probably use the line in from the cd changer, easy to find. but im thinking instead of use a cheap switch, i migth use something used on Mac computers, it's a jack in, that comes with a switch included (no need to install an ugly switch anywhere). Only detects if there's signal.

Thanks.

Omar.

Omar,

I am going to take a stab at this one. I think you can still use the factory phone, but you have to get it activated. Most cars with the built in antenna was a 3 watt phone. Cell phones originally was only 1 watt, so the signal strength was very low, resulting in a low signal and crappy reception. Go to your cell phone dealer or your local car stereo shop, and they may be able to help you further. The website www.lextreme.com and www.12volt.com, may help you in the wiring throughout the car, if you want to tackle this yourself. The antenna mount maybe stuffed under your headliner, I know my mine was. When I took out the phone out of the center console, to give me more room, I still heard the phone come on when I turned the key on, so I simply pulled the fuse under the hood, listed as phone. I hope this enlightens you a little more.