Es330 Dash Pad Replacement

kimberly

Hello fellow Lexus owners,

We had a little problem on our Lexus ES330. The front dash pad has little bumps and uneven surfaces. We are still in warrenty, so the dealer would like to replace the dash pad free of charge. Has anyone done this? Is this pretty safe to do not to hurt other parts of the car?

Thanks for your advice.

Kimberly

Kimberly,

You will spend more time staring at that dash pad during the time you own the car, than you will the outside of the car. If the dealership wants to replace the dash pad, particularly under warranty ..... DO IT! There is no concern about what problems they might create by doing so, because they will be obligated to correct them and make them right. They are trained to take the dash and its components apart to replace wiring, gauges, radios, etc., and they know the procedures on how to do it without damaging any of the parts they remove or replace. You bought the best, a Lexus, and can expect the best from the people who will service your vehicle. I would not hesitate for 2 seconds before I said yes. Sorry, make that 1 second. Best Wishes!

Kimberly,

You will spend more time staring at that dash pad during the time you own the car, than you will the outside of the car. If the dealership wants to replace the dash pad, particularly under warranty ..... DO IT! There is no concern about what problems they might create by doing so, because they will be obligated to correct them and make them right. They are trained to take the dash and its components apart to replace wiring, gauges, radios, etc., and they know the procedures on how to do it without damaging any of the parts they remove or replace. You bought the best, a Lexus, and can expect the best from the people who will service your vehicle. I would not hesitate for 2 seconds before I said yes. Sorry, make that 1 second. Best Wishes!

I would agree with you about getting it replaced under warranty but for one concern. I've heard that this sort of repair (in the area of the dash especially) can lead to squeaks, creaks, and rattles occuring after the repairs are done. And although, as you say, the dealership has an obligation to "make it right", sometimes annoying rattles or other sounds can be very difficult to isolate and resolve. So, if the only problem at this point is a slight imperfection in the appearance of the dash, I would have second thoughts about letting them pull the whole dash apart and replace it. You have to weigh which is a worse annoyance - a few imperfections in the appearance, or the possibility of future knocks, rattles or squeaks that the dealership cannot seem to locate. That would drive me nuts a lot quicker than looking at a few bumps on the dash. ;)

Kimberly,

I would agree with you about getting it replaced under warranty but for one concern. I've heard that this sort of repair (in the area of the dash especially) can lead to squeaks, creaks, and rattles occuring after the repairs are done. And although, as you say, the dealership has an obligation to "make it right", sometimes annoying rattles or other sounds can be very difficult to isolate and resolve. So, if the only problem at this point is a slight imperfection in the appearance of the dash, I would have second thoughts about letting them pull the whole dash apart and replace it. You have to weigh which is a worse annoyance - a few imperfections in the appearance, or the possibility of future knocks, rattles or squeaks that the dealership cannot seem to locate. That would drive me nuts a lot quicker than looking at a few bumps on the dash. ;)

Kimberly,

I look at several ES 330s to purchase and several of them had dash board problem just above the drivers side air bag. I purchased one that was still under warranty and the deal replaced the dash board at no charge. I'm very pleased with the results :D