Oil Pan Gasket

motoroil

1993 ES300/Auto tranny

Has anyone replaced their oil pan gasket? I need to do mine. It looks like the exhaust needs to be unbolted and moved for clearance. Otherwise is it a straight unbolt, drop, remove old gasket gunk, put new gasket on, rebolt and torque, and then rebolt the exhaust? Or is there anything I'm missing here? Does the pan bolt to anything else I'd need to remove? Or is there anything else I need to remove before getting to the pan? I wanna do it in one fell swoop cause its fixing to snow--don't want to be in my apt's parking lot for long.

I tried searching, but the search came back with errors since "oil" and "pan" are both less than 4 letters long, it wouldn't let me search 'em. I could be searching wrong--feel free to let me know if I am.

THANKS!

Be careful not to over tighten the oil pan bolts. You can distort the pan and then you can almost bet that it will leak. Also it is a good idea to give the header bolts a few squirts of penetrating oil the night before you start. These bolts typically rust and can be a source of headaches when you try to remove them.