Need Help Finding Low-side (suction) A/c Service Port

lexdud

I am considering trying to add some refrigerant to my '93 SC400 that needs a bit of freon. I have an electronic (.PDF) manual that I got with the car when I bought it ... and the car itself. The manual fails to indicate the EXACT location of the high and low side service ports for this R-12 based A/C system. While the manual shows that the two service ports are on the left side of the engine (about 18 inches forward of the evaporator ... I have checked extensively and there are NO service ports there.

I have run my hand all the way from the high/low of the compressor back to the evaporator without finding any ports. I have found one port at the compressor and what looks like a service port conveniently sticking up through a plastic cover on the front-right of the engine by the battery and engine fan fluid reservoir.

Please, can anyone advise where the low pressure (suction) side service port is (the port used for recharging refrigerant)? A picture/drawing would be much appreciated ... if possible.

Thank you for reading ...