Rear Tail Light.

astro

The rear light on my 01 rx 300 has been coming off and on. I am reffering to the tail light assembly on the right side. It is just one bulb. I can hit the assembly nad it comes back on. Is it easy to get to? Is it most likely a bad or loose bulb?

The rear light on my 01 rx 300 has been coming off and on. I am reffering to the tail light assembly on the right side. It is just one bulb. I can hit the assembly nad it comes back on. Is it easy to get to? Is it most likely a bad or loose bulb?

Probably the bulb, or a bad connection. The rear taillight is real easy to take off - the screws are under the round little plastic 'pastilles' that you pry off. You then unscrew the screws and pull. It is sometimes a little hard to pull because a rubber gasket hold the taillight assembly in place. Does your dashboard show you a defective lamp when your tailight doesn't work?

• 3 months later...

hey everyone, i accidentally backed into a tree and damaged my tail light cover/lense (i guess). it's a very small crack but still noticeable, is there anywhere i can order just the lense or have that crack repaired without the huge fortune? thanks

hey everyone, i accidentally backed into a tree and damaged my tail light cover/lense (i guess). it's a very small crack but still noticeable, is there anywhere i can order just the lense or have that crack repaired without the huge fortune? thanks

I don't think there's hardly any car company any more that offers just a lens. They are pretty much assemblies- the lens being fused on to the body. Personally, if I were concerned about the cost (I probably would be) and the crack is indeed a very small crack, I would use super glue very carefully worked into the crack. You can put a piece of masking tape over the crack, press down firmly and then with an exacto knife slit a line right over the crack. force the super glue into the crack and if you want it perfect, after it is fully dry, peel the tape off and wet sand with a block with about 1000 grit paper and polish with polishing compound and wax it. You can polish it back to a high gloss if you use a very fine paper like 1000 grit.