Sc400 Wont Start After Aftermarket Alarm Is Removed

kmskeyz

Hello Everyone,

I brought a 1992 SC400. The car ran strong without any issues until one day I tried to start the car and it would not start (engine would not crank). I ended up have the car towed to my mechanic. When you put the key into the ignition the dash would light up but it would not crank. Thank to the Lexus forums we could tell it was not the starter. We noted that it had an aftermarket alarm system install. So my mechanic told me to take it somewhere and have them remove it and it should solve my issues.

I took the car to have the system removed. During the remove the tech stated that the car had an aftermarket alarm/killswitch and remote starter that was just as old as the car. Everything was really hacked underneath. So here is my issue. After removing everything when you put the key into the ignition the car does not crank. I can not even start it via the relay. The dash is complete dead. The bottom portion of the fuse seem not to be getting power. MY tech think that something was wired directly to the battery as a work around to get the system to run.

Can anyone out there think of anything I should check or what needs to get reconnected to make my car start???

Thanks for any help that you can provide..

Key

Hello Everyone,

I brought a 1992 SC400. The car ran strong without any issues until one day I tried to start the car and it would not start (engine would not crank). I ended up have the car towed to my mechanic. When you put the key into the ignition the dash would light up but it would not crank. Thank to the Lexus forums we could tell it was not the starter. We noted that it had an aftermarket alarm system install. So my mechanic told me to take it somewhere and have them remove it and it should solve my issues.

I took the car to have the system removed. During the remove the tech stated that the car had an aftermarket alarm/killswitch and remote starter that was just as old as the car. Everything was really hacked underneath. So here is my issue. After removing everything when you put the key into the ignition the car does not crank. I can not even start it via the relay. The dash is complete dead. The bottom portion of the fuse seem not to be getting power. MY tech think that something was wired directly to the battery as a work around to get the system to run.

Can anyone out there think of anything I should check or what needs to get reconnected to make my car start???

Key

I think the alarm technician needs to go through the car with a wiring diagram, and try to figure what was cut in the previous install. Usually it involves a wire from the ignition switch which has been cut and needs re-connection. You will probably have to pay him for 3 or 4 hours of diagnostic time. If he is not comfortable with "older systems" maybe he can refer you to someone else.

Hello Everyone,

Key

I think the alarm technician needs to go through the car with a wiring diagram, and try to figure what was cut in the previous install. Usually it involves a wire from the ignition switch which has been cut and needs re-connection. You will probably have to pay him for 3 or 4 hours of diagnostic time. If he is not comfortable with "older systems" maybe he can refer you to someone else.

Not sure if you've tried this before. Try disengaging your Factory Alarm via the driver's door. Most aftermarket alarms run independently from the Factory one.