Three Vsc Lights And Check Engine Light, No Power To Wheels

Butsee

I have a 2005 GX470, on the way to work today I had all three traction control lights and the check engine light come on at the same time. As soon as they came on I could not deliver any power to the wheels. The car would shift as I gave it more gas and the RPMs would go up, but no power would be delivered to the wheels. Down hill I could slowly get up to 75-70, going up hill I'd slow to about 40. It did not seem as though anything was slipping, just that instantaneously the computer would not allow any power to be delivered to the drivetrain.

Any thoughts?

Ok I would like to add to the G replies as well, I had similar problem, the dealer has it fixed, The fault code is P0442, which means the EVAP sensor in your tank has got a leak or fried, This has to be replaced, it is long job within your tank , my vehicle they took 3 days, and all power was restored to the wheels, In simple you must be wondering how the hell a Sensor when fail within a tank takes the power of the wheels, I had the similar question to the dealer, in short he mentioned It is mounted either in the top of the fuel tank and charcoal canister. When the PCM commands a vacuum into the system to check for leaks, the voltage changes according to the amount of pressure,If there is a leak, the voltage will start to increase while the CV solenoid is still grounded. The PCM knows how large the leak is, depending on how much and how fast the voltage changes. Leaks as small as .040 inch will cause a code to set. A code P0442 will set if there is more than about 2.5 inches H2O change in 15 seconds at approximately 75 percent fuel tank level. The vehicle ECM will generate these messages and ensure not to give to much power to the wheels. In short if there is leak in the fuel vapours pressure or any difference, these error messages generate, Engine Check, VSC messages. The only temp solution is disconnect battery, but they do come back after 3-5 days , as the message is stored in the ECM, which is solved by the dealer only by relacing the solenoids and the EVAP sensor.